Development moved on through time
and space, and first problems arised. I was totally unhappy with the physics and the way Tanks behaved.
I tweaked so much and for so long that I even abandoned the projects for a bit.
Physics was still an issue.
I went from harcoded movement, to applying physical forces to the tank tuning the friction ‘till attempting to simulate wheels and tracks.
Then inspiration came back and i jumped back over development.
I went at first over some art, redesigning the tanks components. This probably feeded enough my brain to allow me to move over a better physics implementation.
Wasn’t absolutely bug-free but was definitely feeling much better.
I gave a better structure to the whole tanks behavours and decided that a Tank Editor will be needed, a “Garage”.
Yes, tanks can be customized AF!
Then finally i found the right balance
I went for a quite simple (but heavily tuned) raycast sytem, applying forces as if were suspensions to make the tank float. Wheels and tracks are then moved (withing a range) up and down to fake floor contact.
I’ll be back soon with other updates!
Follow me on Instagram <3